Carrot Pencil Topper
Get in touch with your inner rabbit through this carrot pencil topper craft. It's a fun way for young veggie lovers to liven up their school pencils, and makes a great back to school craft.
What you'll need:
- 1 medium oval Woodsie
- 2 chenille stems or pipe cleaners, any color
- Wire cutters
- Orange craft paint
- 2 (6 mm) wiggle eyes
- Thin black permanent marker
- Yellow "Painters" paint marker or yellow craft paint
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Use the yellow marker to draw the "hair" on the carrot.
- Paint the oval with the orange craft paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut the chenille stems in half. Set aside the extra pieces for another project.
- Twist one pair of chenille stems together.
- Glue 2 wiggle eyes onto the oval.
- Use the thin black marker to draw on the nose, mouth and pigtails.
- Glue the shape onto the chenille stems and twist around the top of your pencil.
You can use colored construction paper cut into the shapes listed above in place of the Woodsies. It might work best if you glue it onto cardstock to give it added strength.