Cauldron Broom and Wand (Pencil) Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
This cauldron broom and wand pencil holder craft is perfect, whether for fun or filled with magical jelly beans for a children's Halloween party.
What you'll need:
- Plastic 8-quart Kool-Aid container (or similar container)
- Sharp scissors
- Tacky glue
- 3 large wooden beads
- Gray paint or Gesso
- Paint brush
- Wax paper or plastic bag (to protect work area)
How to make it:
- Remove label, wash, rinse, and dry container. Save cap for another project.
- Using sharp scissors, cut below threads on container. Cut all the way around. Be sure to cut smooth to prevent any burrs or sharp places. Discard cut off piece.
- Lay out waxed paper or plastic bag (turn wrong side out) to protect work surface.
- Paint container and beads with gray paint. Let dry. You may need to apply an additional coat. Let dry.
- Turn container upside down and glue on beads, evenly spacing around the outside bottom of the container. Let dry.
- Turn container over and fill with your personalized wand or broomsticks. Enjoy your new desk accessory!