Cereal Box Gravestones
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
A SPOOKY way to dress up your yard for Halloween. This cereal box gravestone craft is sure to be a 'hoot' with the kids.
What you'll need:
- Black and white tempera paint
- 3 cups for mixing paint
- Assorted-size cereal boxes
- 2 sponges
- Thick black permanent marker
How to make it:
- Mix paints to make a light gray, medium gray and dark gray.
- Paint boxes with two-to-three coats of medium gray. Let dry.
- Use the sponges to dab on the light and dark gray paint to give gravestones a mottled look. Let dry.
- Write names and dates with marker. Here's an example: Dracula lies here, 1768-1842.
Fill Ziploc plastic bags with sand or rocks and place inside boxes to keep them from blowing over. Stand them in mounds of dirt or sand, and make sure you bring in the boxes if it is going to rain!