Chenille Candy Canes
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Chenille stems make the easiest candy canes and you will be amazed and how happy your child will be after making these easy ornaments. Perfect for any age, this is a wonderful holiday craft.
What you'll need:
- White and red chenille stems
- Ribbon (optional)
How to make it:
- Hold one white and one red chenille stem side by side (they should be of equal length). Twist one end together and then twist together working your way down to the bottom.
- Twist the bottom end together to secure. One chenille stem makes two nice sized candy canes.
- For a shiny look, use glittery chenille stems instead of the standard red and white. We used glittery red and silver.
- Try different sizes and shapes of chenille, including bumpy chenille, for a different look.
- You can buy chenille stems in large packages of multiple colors to save money.
More Holiday Fun