Chinese New Year Welcome Door Hanger
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Make this door hanger to welcome good fortune into your home this Chinese New Year.
For more Chinese New Year fun, be sure to visit our main Chinese New Year page. Also, view our slideshow of our favorite Chinese New Year crafts, and don't forget to visit our Chinese New Year crafts, Chinese New Year recipes, and learn about Chinese Astrology too!
What you'll need:
- Red foam door hanger
- Gold glitter glue
- Orange foam circles in various sizes
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Print out pattern of Chinese letters. This spells out "Welcome."
- Use pattern and a pencil or pen to draw the Chinese letters onto the door hanger.
- Using gold glitter glue, carefully trace the Chinese letters. Decorate the rest of the door hanger as you like. We drew a border around the hanger and decorated the corners.
- Allow the glitter glue to dry for at least three hours.
- When glitter glue is dry, glue the orange circles onto the lower half of the door hanger. The larger circles are oranges and they represent wealth. The smaller circles are tangerines, which are symbolic of good luck.
- During Chinese New Year, families display tangerines and oranges in trays.
- Door hangers can be found at your local craft supply store.
- Gold is a symbol of wealth.