Holiday & Gift Chocolate Spoons
Parental supervision is recommended
Everyone knows that spoons are for eating, but with these chocolate spoons, they really are! Give these crafts as decorations on gifts or as 'stir sticks' for coffee.
What you'll need:
- Heavy plastic spoons
- Milk chocolate
- White chocolate
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Colored sugar
- Waxed paper
- Cellophane wrap
How to make it:
- In microwave, melt half of the white chocolate in one bowl. Melt half of the milk chocolate in another bowl (either in the microwave on in a pot over a stove).
- Dip half of the spoons in white chocolate and dip other half in milk chocolate. Dip them in as far as the base of the spoons. Place on waxed paper and let set completely.
- When chocolate is set, dip the white spoons in milk chocolate, dip milk chocolate spoons in white. Dip only half way up the spoon to create a layered effect. Place back on waxed paper to allow to set.
- Let chocolate set only partially (about 5 minutes). Ggently dip spoons in chocolate sprinkles or colored sugar.
- Wrap soon in cellophane wrap and tie with ribbon. Add a little tag if you like (i.e. "Stir me into your coffee").
If your child's teacher likes to drink coffee, make her some of these chocolate spoons as a gift.
See more Christmas Crafts with Food or Candy.