Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
What mother doesn't wish for a little help around the house? Create "chore flowers" for Mom to redeem whenever she needs a helping hand.
What you'll need:
- Five or six craft sticks
- Fine-tip marker
- Construction paper
- Paper cup
- Hole punch
- Ribbon, yarn, or string
How to make it:
- Collect five or six craft sticks. Write a chore on each stick with a fine-tip marker. You can include such offerings as, "I will put away all my toys", "I will help you empty the trash", "I will do the laundry", and so on.
- Next, cut several paper flowers from colorful construction paper and glue one to the top of each stick.
- Make a flowerpot for your flower by putting a ball of clay in the bottom of a paper cup.
- Insert the stick into the clay and adjust the stick until it stands upright (you may need to add clay after you've inserted your flower to help stabilize it).
- You can also write a little poem or message on an additional piece of paper and attach it to the cup with a ribbon. (Punch a hole into the paper and a hole into the cup—thread the ribbon and tie a bow).