Christmas Bell Doorknob Hanger Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Ring-a-ding-ding! This card can also be used as a door knob decoration!
What you'll need:
How to make it:
Step 1: Pattern Cutout
- Trace and cut out pattern one and pattern two on cardstock. For template C, use a folded piece of cardstock, matching it up to the "fold line" indicated on the pattern.
- Glue fabric onto bells (A) and (B) with glue stick.
- Cut off extra fabric leaving ½" trim around bell (A) and (B).
- Fold the extra ½" trim and glue to back of bell (A) and (B) leaving the side flaps on bell (A) unglued.
- Glue side flaps to the back of bell (B) and glue side edges leaving top unglued.
- Hot glue bell card (C) to back of (B) (see image).
Step 2: Loop and Jingle Bell
- Thread a 9” piece of 1/4” ribbon halfway through a jingle bell.
- Pass ends of ribbon through bottom of bell card and pull ends of ribbon out top of bell.
- Pass ribbon through a gold loop or bracelet and glue ends of ribbon ends together.
- Tie a bow over ribbon ends and glue (see image).
- An optional idea: Glue a strip of boa across the bottom of bell.
- Substitute fabric for cover design cardstock.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.