Christmas Blue Bird
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This little blue bird will bring your very special holiday greeting to whoever you choose. The sophisticated design will even bowl over the relatives with the most discriminating tastes.
What you'll need:
- Color cardstock
- Printed fabric
- Small diamond jewel (1)
- 1/8" ribbon
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Glue stick
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Double-sided padded tap
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Pattern Cutouts
- Using the pattern, cut out the bird and wing from the cardstock.
- Cut out a 6” wide x 10” long rectangle and fold in half.
- Trim all edges with decorative-edge scissors.
Step 2: Bird and Wings
- Stick printed fabric on bird and wing using a glue stick.
- Trim excess fabric.
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of wing and place on body of bird.
- Hot glue a group of feathers to the tail end of the bird.
- Hot glue a small piece of feather on top of bird head.
- Hot glue the small diamond jewel for the eye of bird.
Step 3: Finishing the Card
- Cut two pieces of boa at 6” long and glue one at 1" from the botton across the front and one at 1” across the back of the card.
Step 4: Hanging the Card (optional)
- Loop a piece of 1/8” ribbon and create a knot at the base of loop.
- Hot glue knot to the back of the card, top and center.
- Make a small bow with 1/8” ribbon and hot glue on top of knot.
- Substitute design fabric for design paper.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada