Christmas Candles Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Light up someone’s life this holiday season with this Christmas candle card! The recipient of this 3-D craft will be aglow with excitement.
What you'll need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls (2)
- Design cardstock
- Color paper
- Color cardstock
- Gold bracelet rings (3)
- 3-D gold fabric paint
- Yellow tissue paper
- Pearl bead
- White glitter
- Gold leaf or gold marker
- Watered-down white glue (recommended: Mod Podge)
- Glue stick
- Gold leaf glue
- Hot glue gun
- Paper and sculpting scissors
- Mantle Pattern
How to make it:
Step 1: Card and Mantel and Flower Pattern
- Cut out a 5" wide x 14" long rectangle shape using design cardstock and fold in half.
- Trace and cut mantel pattern on color cardstock.
- Trace and cut flower pattern on color (large and small flower) and design cardstock (small flower only).
Step 2: Candles
- Cut one toilet roll in half so they are two separate pieces at the same height.
- Cut another toilet roll to measure 3-1/4" tall.
- Glue all around toilet rolls with glue stick and wrap colored paper around each roll.
- Cover and glue the top of each roll with cardstock and cut around toilet rolls trimming off excess cardstock.
- Cover top and top edges of candles with 3-D gold fabric paint.
- Sprinkle with white glitter and let dry.
- Brush on a thin layer of watered-down white glue over candles and spinkle more glitter.
- Pierce a small hole in the top centre of each candle.
- Push a small pieces of yellow tissue paper into the holes and glue them onto each of the candle.
Step 3: Mantel
- Score and fold the cardstock for the mantel as indicated in the template.
- Glue the corners of the mantel together and glue the back edge of the mantel on the bottom
centre edge of card.
- Glue candles on top of the mantel.
- Hot glue gold bracelet rings behind the candles, slightly overlapping each ring at the top of the candles.
Step 4: Flower
- Glue a colored paper flower and a design paper flower on top of each other.
- Glue the small color paper flower on top of the design paper flower.
- Hot glue a small pearl in the centre of flower.
- Brush on gold leaf glue on mantel and tissue paper and let dry.
- Brush on gold leaf on mantel and brush off excess gold leaf.
- Substitute gold leafing for gold paint or gold marker.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.