Christmas Flower Arrangement
Parental supervision is recommended
The whole family can explore the beautiful art of floral arranging when you create this poinsettia Christmas flower arrangement for your holiday table.
What you'll need:
- Large basket (that sits flat)
- Knife (to cut Styrofoam)
- Pine branches
- Poinsettias, other large flowers
- Baby's breath, or other fillers
- Decorative wrapping paper, optional
- Fake moss, optional
- Ribbon for bow, optional
How to make it:
- Cut the Styrofoam to fit the basket. Note: The Styrofoam has to fit the basket tightly and will need smaller pieces cut and wedged into the spaces around the original rectangle. This gives a solid base to put the arrangement in.
- Order of adding flowers:
- Large filler (pine branches), to form the base of the arrangement.
- Large flowers (poinsettias), small number carefully positioned.
- Medium flowers (holly sprigs).
- Small filler flowers that come last and fill in gaps in the arrangement. Note: If any of the foam shows, cover it with fake moss or crepe paper.
- Work from the top down, but lift the arrangement and look at it from different angles as you work. Don't be afraid to take flowers out and move them around until you're happy with the effect. Pick the ones you want to use at the beginning to get a good combination.
- Add decorative wrapping paper and tie with a bow if you desire.
This flower arrangement can be made in any size and can be done in all sorts of sizes and combinations. Try experimenting with both large and small flowers to see what effect you prefer.