Christmas Mouse Ornament
Parental supervision is recommended
Welcome this Christmas mouse into your house. With a walnut shell and some mini-pom poms kids will delight in crafting this little ornament that looks cute hanging on any tree.
What you'll need:
- Walnut shell half
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- 1 large round gray or white pom-pom, depending on what color you want your mouse to be (You can get these at thrift or craft stores. Also, the large pom-pom has to be small enough to fit in a walnut shell.)
- 2 small gray or white pom-poms for the ears
- 1 medium size pom-pom
- Any color ribbon about 5 inches long
- A miniature Santa hat, optional (You can get these at craft stores with the miniature doll things or ask a clerk to help you find them.)
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Make sure you have a piece of newspaper on a table or on the floor (wherever is easier to work) so you don't get any glue or scraps everywhere. That makes cleanup time quicker.
- Lay all your materials out on the newspaper. Heat the glue gun up and make sure you have a adult watching you at all times when you are using the glue gun.
- Put a dot of glue in the walnut half and stick the large pom-pom inside it. Press down lightly and hold for about 10 seconds.
- Put a dot of glue on the medium size pom-pom where the head should go, and hold for about 20 seconds.
- Take the two small eyes and place them on the head with a dot of glue and gently hold for about 10 seconds each.
- Glue on the small pom-pom balls by placing them above the head, and hold for 10 seconds.
- Put a dab of glue in the middle of the ribbon and place it under the walnut. Tie the ribbon at the top so you can hang your mouse.
- Hang it on your tree for a nice little touch.