Christmas Puppy Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Create and send one of these adorable puppies to someone special this holiday season. They won't be able to resist falling in love with this cute card, doggone it!
What you'll need:
- White cardstock
- Pencil and black marker
- Black paper
- Double-sided padded tape
- Jingle bell
- Small bell
- Circular-shaped black brads (2)
- 1/4" Red velvet ribbon
- Red velvet fabric
- White boa
- Glue stick
- Glue gun
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
How to make it:
Step 1: Puppy Dog Pattern
- Trace and cut out patterns on white cardstock. For the puppy's body, use a folded piece of cardstock, matching it up to the "fold line" indicated on the template.
- Trace and cut out nose pattern on black paper.
Step 2: Puppy Dog Head
- For eyes, place the two black brads on front of the face.
- Place double-sided padded tape on the back of both ears and head.
- Tilt head and place head on top of body.
- Place one ear on the top left side of head and one ear on top right side.
- Paste nose on puppy using a glue stick.
Step 3: Puppy Body
- Cut out various sizes of spots on black paper.
- Paste spots on face and body using a glue stick.
- Cut out a ring for right eye on black paper.
- Following the lines shown on the pattern, raw puppy legs using a medium sized black marker.
Step 4: Hat and Bow
- Cover both sides of hat with fabric using a glue stick. Trim off excess material.
- Glue a bell and small piece of the boa to the tip of hat using glue gun.
- Glue a piece of boa across the bottom edge of hat.
- Glue hat on top of puppy head.
- Thread a 1/4" red velvet ribbon through bell and tie a bow.
- Glue the bow to the right side of puppy’s chin.
- You can substitute red velvet fabric for red colored cardstock.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.