Christmas Stocking Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This card looks so real that you could hang this card along with your other stockings and no one would recognize the difference!
What you'll need:
- White cardstock
- White faux fur
- Red velvet fabric
- Small & medium gold round beads
- White fine glitter
- 1/4" White ribbon
- 1/4" Red ribbon
- 1/8" Ribbon
- Scraps of printed fabric
- Gold fabric trim
- 1 Medium bell
- Red and white sculpting clay
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun
- Watered-down craft glue (recommened: Mod Podge)
How to make it:
Step 1: Pattern
- Fold a piece of cardstock in half. Trace and cut out pattern with on cardstock, matching up the "fold line" indicated on the pattern.
- Cut out a 1-1/2" wide x 2" long rectangle shape, a 1-1/2" wide x 1-1/2" long square shape, and a 1/2" wide x 2" long rectangle shape on cardstock.
Step 2: Presents/Candy Cane
- Glue scraps of printed fabric over the cardstock rectangle and square cut-outs, which will be presents for the stocking.
- Tie 1/8" ribbon around each present.
- Glue small gold beadsat the center of the presents.
- Cut a 3" x 3" piece of fabric, gather fabric together and tie a bow with 1/8"ribbon.
- Glue small gold beads to center of bow.
- Roll a 1/8" wide x 4" long straight piece of red sculpting clay into a circular strip.
- Repeat the above step using white sculpting clay.
- Twist both colors together and hook the end to create a candy cane.
- Bake sculpting clay.
- Brush with watered-down craft glue and sprinkle with white glitter.
- Tie a small white bow and glue on candy cane.
Step 3: Stocking
- Glue red velvet over front and back of stocking using glue stick.
- Trim off excess fabric.
- Hot glue fabric trim around front and back edge of card.
- Cut out a 2 1/2" wide x 16" long piece of white faux fabric.
- Glue bottom edge of fur trim 2" from top on the front of the card, on the back, and the
inside of the card and fold top edge inside.
- Glue bottom edges of presents and candy cane inside faux fur on inside front of card.
- Glue top folded edge of faux fur around front, back and inside of stocking.
Step 4: Bow/Loop Tie
- Tie and knot a small loop.
- Glue knot on back of card below fur.
- Glue a gold bead on knotted loop.
- Pull the loop over to the front side of the card. Glue a gold bead inside the loop, at the front edge below the fur.
- Tie a long bow with red 1/4" ribbon and glue at the top of the backside edge of the card.
- Glue a medium bell on top of bow.
- Substitute red fabric for red cardstock.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.