Homemade Christmas Tree Card
Parental supervision is recommended
Personalize your Christmas cards with this decorative, homemade computer craft for kids.
What you'll need:
- Graphics program that has a watermark feature
- Color printer
- White card stock paper
- White blank computer greeting cards (or colored cardstock)
- Scissors, regular or zigzag
- Scotch (foam) mounting tape
How to make it:
- Using the graphics program, type in the names of your family in the watermark feature.
- Choose small print, green font, and close spacing.
- Print on a piece of card stock.
- Measure the height of the greeting card. Take off about an inch of the measurement.
- Draw a triangle on the card stock the size of the finished measurement. Check for layout of the names.
- Cut out the triangle using either the regular or zigzag scissors.
- Using the graphics program, design and print out the inside greeting of the card.
Note: If using colored cardstock, print your greeting on white card stock paper. Cut out using zigzag or regular scissors and mount inside the card.
- Cut small pieces of the foam mounting tape.
- Apply the triangle to the front of the greeting card using the foam mounting tape. This will make the tree appear dimensional.
- Address the envelope using the graphics program, insert the card, and mail.