Clay Decorated Picture Frame
Parental supervision is recommended
Put cherished photos in something special with this clay decorated picture frame. The added fun is that it's a salt clay craft - you make your own clay out of salt and a few other simple ingredients.
What you'll need:
- Salt dough - flour, salt, vegetable oil, water, bowl
- Cutter - kids get an adult to help
- Plastic knife (preferably the one in playdough)
- Tempera paints or poster paints in lots of bright colors
- Corrugated cardboard
- Use of oven
- Rolling pin
- Strong glue
How to make it:
- Make salt dough. Here's my recipe:
- 200 ml water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300 g. plain flour
- 300 g. salt
What to do:
- Mix the flour, salt, oil, & water into a soft dough in the bowl. Add water if some pieces keep falling apart.
- Sprinkle flour on your working place then start kneading.
- The dough is ready to be worked on.
As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.