Coat Hanger Christmas Tree
Parental supervision is recommended
Children will enjoy creating their own kid-sized Coat Hanger Christmas Tree with this delightful craft project.
What you'll need:
- 6 plastic (or wire) coat hangers
- Christmas mini-lights (one string of 35 works great)
- Garland, any color
- Tape (electrical tape is good)
How to make it:
- To begin select 2 hangers. Lay one hanger on the other with the hanging part (C-shape) pointing in down position.
- Tape the two hangers together at one end. Make three sets of two hangers.
- Put one set of hangers through the opening of first hanger, then put the other set through the two to form a cone (tree).
- Tape all three together. Set up. It will stand up by itself.
- Next wrap light on tree and secure with tape. I usually tape each light on. Next wrap with garland.
- WOW! YOU JUST MADE A TREE. ENJOY.
Once the hangers are taped together, the rest of the tree can be assembled by children, with some adult assistance.