Coffee Filter Flowers
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Paper coffee filters transform into beautiful bouquets when kids try this easy Coffee Filter Flowers craft. Surprise Mom on Mother's Day with her own bouquet.
What you'll need:
- Newspapers or protective cover for work area
- Coffee filters
- Bumpy chenille stem (or regular chenille stem)
How to make it:
- Cover work area with newspapers or other protective covering.
- Let children draw or color on 5-7 coffee filters with the markers. Random markings are just fine as detailed drawings won't show up in this project.
- Place one coffee filter decorative side down on the table. Stack other coffee filters decorative side up on top.
- Fold coffee filters in half. Scrunch middle of the coffee filters (starting at the bottom coffee filter).
- Wrap chenille stem tightly around scrunched area to hold in place. Straighten chenille stem to use as flower stem.
- Let the children make a couple and put them in a May Basket.
- Early on the morning of May 1st hang on your mother's door, a neighbor's door, a friend's, or anyone special to you.
- Remember, it's supposed to be a surprise!