Parental supervision is recommended
Teach your kids all about primary and secondary colors with this fun cellophane paper color wheel craft that's educational, too. Turn it into a peacock with one simple step.
Looking for more fun craft ideas? Be sure to visit our complete listing of great Back-to-School crafts and other activities for fun ideas to do with the kids. Also, please visit our back-to-school index for even more fun ideas including school printables, first day of school tips, our back-to-school countdown and more.
What you'll need:
- 3 pieces of cellophane paper: red, blue, and yellow
- White glue
- Hole punch
- Paper fastener
How to make it:
- Print and cut out the pattern for the color wheel.
- Trace around this pattern on cardstock six times. Cut out each piece, making sure to cut out the center.
- Cut the cellophane windows just smaller than the outside of your frame, but larger than the inside measurement.
- Sandwich a colored piece of cellophane between two pieces of cut out cardstock. Glue together to make a window. Repeat until all three windows are made.
- When they are dry, stack on top of each other and punch a hole in the center of the narrow end and fasten together with a paper fastener.
If you want to turn your color wheel into a peacock, print out the peacock pattern and glue onto cardstock. Cut it out, punch a hole in the bottom and add it to the top of your stack of windows. The body of the peacock doubles as a handle.