Parental supervision is recommended
Encourage kids to play with their food by making these colored noodles. Please note this craft project with pasta is strictly for play and not for eating!
What you'll need:
- Noodles in different shapes
- Garbanzo beans (for eyes)
- Shell noodles
- Liquid food coloring
- Rubbing alcohol
- Paper towels
- Ziploc sandwich bags (at least one for each color)
- Black Tulip paint
How to make it:
- Pour some food coloring in a Ziploc bag. Add a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol (a tablespoon at the most).
Note: This may take some experimenting to get the right mixture. Try with a small amount of noodles first so they won't turn out gummy.
- Add some noodles. Close the bag.
- Wiggle the noodles around in the bag until thoroughly coated.
- Place the noodles on the paper towels to dry.
- Repeat the above steps with additional bags and colors.
- Let all the noodles dry.
- Glue the Garbanzo beans on top (rounded closed side) of the shells. Let dry.
- Add facial features to the noodles and Garbanzo beans with the Tulip paint.
- Let dry.
See also Little Animals Memory Game for a fun game for two children to play together.