Colored Tile Thank You Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Introduce unusual household materials to your cardmaking routine. Here's a project that teaches you how to use bathroom tile for your homemade thank you cards.
What you'll need:
- Small bathroom tiles (about 3/4" x 3/4")
- Ceramic paint (optional)
- Ceramic paint pen
- Design cardstock
- White cardstock
- Double-sided padded tape
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Paper scissors
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Cut-Out
- Cut out a 10"x 8" rectangle with design cardstock.
- Fold card in half so that it is a long rectangle.
- Cut a 2"x 9" rectangle with white cardstock.
Step 2: Painting Tile
- Paint tile using ceramic paint in a variety of colors and let dry. If your tiles already have a pattern you like, you can skip this step.
- Paint a different pattern on top of 4 tiles and let dry.
- Write “Thank You: on tiles using thin black ceramic tile paint pen. Put one letter of the phrase on each of the tiles.
- Let dry completely.
Step 3: Putting Thank You Card Together
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of white rectangular cardstock.
- Place white rectangle shape on front center of card.
- Glue tiles on white cardstock using glue gun.
- Try painting with black and white paint only.
- Paint patterns of black and white stripes and black and white poke-a-dots.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Burlington, Canada.