Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
These colorful window hangings are sure to brighten any room, and by changing the colors used in the craft you can enjoy these suncatchers during any season.
What you'll need:
- Clear plastic plate or clear lids from large coffee can
- Colored tissue paper
- Crêpe paper streamers
- Stars, sequins, glitter
- Hole punch
How to make it:
- Invite your kids to brush liquid starch on a clear plastic plate (clear lids from large coffee cans work well, too).
- Provide them with a variety of colorful tissue paper, pieces of crêpe paper streamers, stars, sequins, and glitter. (The starch soaks through the thin pieces and adheres these to the plate.)
- Brush on a second coat to keep things in place.
- Let dry thoroughly, punch a hole at the top and hang in a sunny place with a ribbon loop.