Construction Paper Flowers
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
These pretty flowers are easy to make and are a wonderful way to bring spring into your room!
What you'll need:
- Construction paper, your choice of colors
- Pom poms, medium or large, your choice of colors
- Bendable straws
- White craft glue
- Flower shaped cookie cutter (optional)
How to make it:
- Use the cookie cutter or draw flowers free hand onto the construction paper. (See photo.) You can make larger flowers from the cookie cutter by turning it over and tracing around the outer edge instead of inside. (See photo.)
- Cut out the outer shape of the flower. (See photo.)
- Next, cut into the center of the flower from the side of one of the petals, and then cut a small circle out of the middle. (See photo.)
- Overlap the two petals between the cut line and glue together. (See photo.)
- Put some glue onto the pom pom and place in into the center of the flower. (See photo.)
- Carefully turn the flower over and glue the straw to the back end of the pom pom. (See photo.)
- Stand the flower upside down and lean against something to allow the glue to dry completely. (See photo.)
- Construction paper is perfect for a large variety of projects, be sure to keep plenty on hand.
- If you don't have pom pom you can use cotton balls.
- When displaying your flowers you can stretch out the straw to make it taller or bend it.