Construction Paper Turkey Craft
Parental supervision is recommended
Have some Thanksgiving fun with this construction paper turkey craft for kids. Keep them busy while Thanksgiving dinner is cooking and finish up with a cute holiday centerpiece for the table.
What you'll need:
- 2 toilet paper tubes
- Brown construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Red construction paper
- White construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Tempera or watercolor paints
How to make it:
- Trace around your child's hand on a piece of white construction paper. Note: You may wish to trace a larger area around your child's hand to make the turkey feathers bigger and also make it easier for your child to cut out.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Paint the hand pattern with different colors of paints.
- Let the paint dry.
- Cut one of the toilet paper tubes in half. (You will only need one piece)
- Cut out brown construction paper to fit around the two toilet paper tubes and staple the paper onto the tubes.
- Staple the two tubes together, the shorter one on top of the longer one.
- Cut out a beak and some feet out from the yellow construction paper, a gobbler out of red construction paper, and eyes out of the white and black construction paper.
- Attach the eyes, beak, feet, and gobbler to the tubes with glue. (See photo)
- Staple the feathers to the back of the tubes when the feathers are dry.
Here are some more fun turkey and Thanksgiving crafts for kids: