Cookie Cutter Crayons
Parental supervision is recommended
Recycle your broken crayons into fun shapes and create brand-new crayons for your kids! You can also attach them onto gifts as a colorful decoration.
What you'll need:
- Several old crayons
- Assorted cookie cutters or candy molds
- Old sauce pan or tin can for melting crayons
- Aluminum foil
How to make it:
- Take the paper off of the crayons and put them in an old saucepan. Or put the crayons in an empty tin can and place the can in a saucepan filled with water.
- Melt the wax by turning the stove on low heat.
- Place the cookie cutters on a sheet of aluminum foil. Pour the melted wax into assorted cookie cutters. You may need to hold the cookie cutters down to keep the melted crayons from running out.
- Wait for the wax to set, then cool, and pop your brand new crayons out.
See Recycled Crayons for another way to make new crayons from old.
Use scraps of crayons by making Stained Glass Windows.