Cookie Tin Time Capsule
Parental supervision is recommended
Capture your memories by using a recycled cookie tin and making it into a cookie tin time capsule. Have hours of fun making this fun craft with your kids. Spend New Year's Day or special holidays together with this family craft.
What you'll need:
- Cookie tin (or similar type); washed and dried
- Spray paint
- "Painters" paint markers in assorted colors
How to make it:
- Take lid off the tin.
- Lightly sand the cookie tin (lid and bottom) all over on the outside to rough up the paint.
- Wipe the cookie tin off with rag.
- Spread out newspapers and place cookie tin on it.
- Spray paint the cookie tin. Let dry.
- Use paint markers to add your message. Some sample messages might be:
- Time Capsule Don't open until New Years Eve 2010
- These are a few of my favorite things! (add music notes around the words)
- Family members names could go around the exterior of the tin.
- Pokemon cards
- Report cards
- Funny snapshots
- Your favorite jokes
- A note to each family member telling them how much you appreciate them.
- Baseball or other sports cards
- Anything that is important to you NOW.