Countdown Clock for Kids
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 3 and up
What you'll need:
- Paper plate
- Scrap of black craft foam
- Scrap of purple craft foam
- Purple foam circle
- Metal fastener or scrapbook brat
- Pink glitter glue
- Purple glitter glue
- Black Sharpie marker
- Black acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint entire paper plate with pink glitter glue, set aside to dry.
- Use scissors to cut out clock arms from black foam.
- Cut a strip of purple foam about 4" long.
- Glue purple circle to one end of the purple strip of foam.
- Use pink and purple glitter glue to draw a firework on the purple circle. Set aside in a safe place out of reach to dry.
- Poke a small hole in the ends of the clock arms to insert the fastener through.
- Poke a small hole in the center of the paper plate.
- Use the marker to write on the clock numbers.
- Insert fastener through the clock arms and then through the hole in the center of the plate.
- Close back of fastener loose enough so that clock arms will move.
- Use black paint to paint the outside edge of the paper plate as a border.
- Check to be sure the glitter glue on your "time marker" is dry, then glue it to the back of the plate, aligning the firework with your child's bed time.
- Make a simpler version of this craft using foam sticker numbers and a plain paper plate instead of glitter glue and the Sharpie.
- The colors we suggest in this craft are just that, suggestions. Use any color you like or have on hand to make this project your own. If Chloe's favorite color is purple, by all means, use purple!
- Fasteners are available in abundance at office supply stores near the paper clips.