Craft Foam Tiara
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Your little princess will love making her very own tiara. Covered in jewels, this headwear is reserved for royalty!
What you'll need:
- Craft foam visor
- Craft jewels
- White craft glue
- 2 silver chenille stems
- Instant grab glue
How to make it:
- Trim most of the bill off of the visor, leaving about 2 inches at the center. (See photo.)
- Cut chenille stems into the following lengths: 1 at 5.5 inches, 2 at 4 inches, 2 at 3 inches
- Bend each chenille stem in half to make the points of the tiara. Use instant grab glue to attach the chenille points to the backside of the visor. The largest one should be in the center, with the next largest to the sides of that, and finally the smallest to the sides of those. (See photo.)
- Decorate the front of the tiara with craft jewels. (See photo.)
- Add small craft jewels to each of the tiara points. (See photo.)
- Instant grab glue is available where other craft glues are sold and is a safer alternative to a glue gun.
- Buy a large variety pack of craft jewels and keep them stashed for special craft projects.
- For an easier alternative, purchase a craft foam tiara instead of a visor and decorate it with craft jewels.