Stick Balance Beam Craft
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
If your child is a gymnast or just loves watching gymnastics, this is a fun stick balance beam craft for kids to make to celebrate the Olympics.
What you'll need:
- 2 jumbo craft sticks
- 2 regular sized craft sticks
- Glittery stickers
- 2 glittery chenille stems
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Cut the two regular sized craft sticks in half.
- Glue two rounded ends of the cut craft sticks to the end one of the jumbo craft sticks to make the legs of the balance beam. Repeat this process with the other jumbo and cut craft sticks.
- Glue the two jumbo craft sticks together and the open ends to form the balance beam.
- Shape chenille into a stick person with two simple legs, two arms, torso and a head.
- Get an adult to help hot glue the gymnast to the balance beam in whatever position you like, we chose a back bend.
- Attach stickers to the legs of the balance beam.
- Be careful with hot glue; always supervise children that are using it.
- There are literally hundreds of different types of stickers available at your local craft store. Check scrapbook aisles, holiday sections and the aisle that contains craft foam.
- Instead of chenille try cutting a gymnast out of a magazine and glue her to your beam like a paper doll.