Craft Stick Flag
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This easy-to-make flag isn't truly authentic, but it's fun way for young kids to learn about the colors and formation of the American ensign.
What you'll need:
- Craft sticks
- Piece of cardboard
- Red, white, and blue paint
- Hole punch
How to make it:
- Have the children paint six craft sticks red and five sticks white.
- Glue these in place alternating colors on a piece of cardboard.
- Brush a block of blue in the upper left corner.
- Invite the children to place sticker stars in this block.
- To hang, punch two holes into the top part of the cardboard and thread a piece of yarn for the hanger.