Craft Stick Santa Claus
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
This cute craft stick Santa Claus ornament is made with very few supplies. Put him together in an afternoon. It makes a great Christmas present!
What you'll need:
- Jumbo craft stick
- Acrylic paint: peach, red, white, black, pink, and gold
- ½ sheet white felt
- Felt glue
- Black marker
- 8” piece of yarn
How to make it:
- Paint craft stick white.
- Paint a 1” peach section at the top of the craft stick for the face (see image).
- Paint the rest of the craft stick red (see image).
- Paint the top of the craft stick red for the hat.
- Use a scruffy paintbrush to dab on some pink paint for cheeks (see image).
- Paint a black strip across the center of the craft stick for the belt.
- Paint the bottom 1” of the craft stick black (see image).
- After all paint has dried, use a toothpick dipped in gold paint to add a belt buckle. Dip the handle end of a paintbrush into the gold paint and dot on two buttons above the belt.
- Cut three strips from white felt using the pattern. Glue strips directly above the black boots, below the red hat, and about ½” below the black belt. Cut a beard from the white felt pattern and glue it to the face.
- Dot on two eyes with black marker (see image).
- Glue pom-pom to the top of the hat.
- Glue yarn to the back in a loop for the hanger.
- Jumbo craft sticks are available at craft supply stores.
- Save scraps of felt for projects such as these.
- Write your child’s name and the date on the back of the ornament as a keepsake.