Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
If you or your kids do a lot of crafts, it's easy to forget who made what and when. These craft tags are perfect for identifying a craft's date and creator.
What you'll need:
- Thin line marker or ballpoint pen
- Large decorative hole punch (teddy bear, car, star, circle, etc.)*
- Mini hole punch
- Thin string or thread
* You could also use the Fiskars circle cutter, and cut a 1" circle. Be sure to use the cutting mat to protect your surface.
How to make it:
- Use the decorative hole punch to punch shapes out of cardstock.
- Use the mini hole punch to punch a hole at one end of the shape.
- Cut about a 4" piece of string or thread.
- Write the name and year on the shape. (You can use the front and back)
- String the shape onto the thread.
- Tie the tag around the ornament or craft that you are going to give (or keep for yourself).
Be sure to attach these tags to all your Christmas ornaments. It will be fun to look back years from now and see when they were made. Use holiday decorative punches to tie in a theme on your tags.