Crayon Sticky Note Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
This Crayon sticky note holder craft is not only practical, but it makes a great gift for your parent or teacher!
What you'll need:
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- Square sticky note pad (Post-A-Note)
- Tacky glue
- "Painters" paint markers in various colors or craft paint and paintbrush
- Black very fine line "Painters" paint marker
- Double stick tape
- Wax paper
- Piece of white paper
- Piece of balsa wood (about 1/8" thick and 2 1/2" x 4"), optional
How to make it:
- Place white paper on the table.
- Tear off a piece of double stick tape and put on the back of one Popsicle stick.
- Stick the Popsicle stick to the white paper.
- Repeat the 2 steps above for each Popsicle stick. Be sure to leave some room between Popsicle sticks so paint doesn't get on the wrong sticks.
- Paint each Popsicle stick a different color with either paint markers or craft paint.
- Let dry.
- Tear off a piece of wax paper and place on table.
- Pick up the Popsicle sticks and remove the double stick tape from each one.
- Write your name and date on one side of the balsa wood.
- Lay the piece of balsa wood on the wax paper. Make sure your name is touching the paper and not facing up.
- Cover the surface of the balsa wood with glue.
- Place the first Popsicle stick on the balsa wood. Note: The long edge of Popsicle stick follows the long edge of the balsa wood.
- Place the second stick next to the first Popsicle stick and push them together.
- Repeat with remaining Popsicle sticks.
- Let dry completely.
- Add faces to the crayons with the thin line black paint marker.
- Put strips of double stick tape on the back of the sticky note.
- Stick the note pad to the front of the crayons.
- Give this gift to your parent or to your teacher!