Personalize Your School Backpack
Design your own backpack
Parental supervision is recommended
Send your child back to school in style and help them express their creativity by personalizing their school backpack.
What you'll need:
- Plain canvas backpack
- Needle and thread (or iron if using iron-on patches)
- Buttons, optional
- Jump rings (jewelry), optional
- Shrinky Dink plastic, optional
- Colored pencils (if using Shrinky Dinks)
- Hole punch (if using Shrinky Dinks)
How to make it:
- Position badges and buttons on backpack until you like the layout.
- Iron or sew on. Note: It can be difficult to attach badges with an iron, so it may be easier to sew them on. We used one type of badge adhesive, but it washed off in the washer.
- You can use small jump rings (jewelry) to attach buttons to zippers to use as zipper pulls.
- If desired, use the Shrinky Dink plastic and create zipper pulls or name tags. Be sure to hole punch the end before baking. Follow the manufacturer directions.
- Have fun decorating your backpack!
Backpack Tags for additional ideas.