Crossed Hockey Sticks
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Show off your allegiance to your favorite hockey team with this super easy set of crossed hockey sticks. Attach a magnet to the back and hang it on the fridge.
What you'll need:
- 2 regular craft sticks or popsicle sticks
- 1 miniature craft stick, cut in half
- White craft glue
- 3 ½" black chenille stem
- 6 white chenille stems
- 5" piece of blue chenille stem, cut in half
- 1 skinny white chenille stem
- 3" piece of red chenille stem, cut in half
How to make it:
- Glue one of the half mini craft sticks to the end of one of the regular craft sticks. Glue it on an angle, like a hockey stick. Repeat for other stick. (See photo.)
- Roll up the black chenille stem into a tight circle to make the hockey puck. Set aside. (See photo.)
- Line one of the hockey sticks with white glue. Beginning at the top of the "hockey stick", wrap a piece of white chenille around the handle. (See photo.) Wrap the second and third piece around the stick, until you reach almost to the end. This will take 3 white chenille stems per hockey stick.
- Once both sticks are wrapped in white chenille, wrap the remaining end of the sticks in blue chenille. Twist the red chenille around the top of the hockey stick handles.
- Cross the sticks so that one points left and the other to the right. Take the skinny white chenille and wrap it around the center of the two sticks to secure it. (See photo.)
- Glue the hockey puck over the center of the sticks.
- Use your favorite hockey team's colors!
- Chenille stems are sold by individual color or in large variety packs.
- You can add a magnet to the back to hang on a filing cabinet or refrigerator.