Cub Scout Bulletin Board
Parental supervision is recommended
Spare Scout patches lying around? Kids can display and organize their cub scout items with this decorated Cub Scout Bulletin Board.
What you'll need:
- Bulletin board
- Bright blue spray paint
- Warm but not too windy day
- Cub Scout memorabilia
- 2 Nails
- 2 Picture hangers
- Level (to help hang pictures evenly), optional
How to make it:
- Take the bulletin board outside.
- Lay the newspapers out on the grass.
- Lay the bulletin board on the newspapers.
- Using a sweeping motion, lightly cover the bulletin board on the top and sides with spray paint.
- Let dry.
- If needed, spray a second coat and let dry.
- Attach picture hangers to the top of the bulletin board, close to the outside edges, equally spaced.
- Find a wall in your bedroom (be sure to ask your parents!) to hang your bulletin board.
- Hammer in one nail, but leave about 1/4" away from the wall.
- Place one of the picture hangers on the nail.
- Place the level on top of the bulletin board. Move the opposite corner of the bulletin board up a little or down a little until the bubble is in the center area. Use the nail to make a tiny mark where you should hammer (make sure it lines up with the middle of the picture hanger).
- Set the level and the bulletin board down.
- Hammer in the other nail, but leave about 1/4" away from the wall.
- Hang up your bulletin board.
- Use tacks to attach your patches and other memorabilia to the bulletin board.
It's also a good way to avoid losing your pins!