Cub Scout Mom Pins
Parental supervision is recommended
Honor your mother by making her this unique Cub Scout Mom Pin. Kids can even make these pins as Valentine's Day or Mother's Day gifts.
What you'll need:
- 1.5" x 1/8" wooden heart
- 6" piece of 1" wide navy blue grosgrain ribbon
- 1" Pin back
- Bright yellow craft paint
- Bright blue craft paint or blue marker
- Paint Brush
- Foam sanding block
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
How to make it:
- Paint the hearts with yellow paint. Let dry. This may take a couple of coats of paint.
- If the wood grain raises after painting, use the foam sanding block to lightly smooth surface.
- After paint has dried, paint the word "MOM" in the middle of the heart. Put dots of blue around the inside of the heart edge.
- Hot glue the pin back in the middle of the heart.
- Hot glue the ribbon right below the pin back.
- Cut an upside down "V" out of the end of the ribbon.
- A wonderful momento for any Cub's mom!
One Cub Scout Pack presents this pin to each mother of a Cub Scout earning his Bobcat Badge. The mother is then presented with a Bobcat pin to pin on their ribbon. As their son rises through the ranks of Cub Scouts they are presented with a pin when their son receives his badge.