Cucumber Pencil Topper
Parental supervision is recommended
Bring a smile to the faces of pencil-wielding veggie lovers with cucumber pencil toppers. If they don't like cucumber crafts, you can always say it's a zucchini.
Looking for more craft ideas? Be sure to visit our back-to-school crafts listing.
What you'll need:
- 1 Medium oval Woodsie
- 2 Chenille stems or pipe cleaners, any colors
- Wire cutters
- Green craft paint
- 2 (6mm) Wiggle eyes
- Thin black permanent marker or
- White "Painters" paint marker
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Paint the oval with the green craft paint.
- Allow the shape to dry.
- Cut the chenille stems in half. Set aside the extra pieces for another project.
- Twist one pair of chenille stems together.
- Glue 2 wiggle eyes onto the oval.
- Use the white marker to draw the tooth on the cucumber.
- Use the thin black marker to draw on the nose and mouth.
- Glue the shape onto the chenille stems and twist around the top of
You can also use colored construction paper cut into the shapes listed above in place of the Woodsies. It might work best if you glue onto cardstock to give it strength.