Cuddly Toddler Pillow
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Are you headed off to see fireworks this 4th of July and you just know that your little one will get sleepy before it's over? Make this snuggly little red, white and blue pillow cover that is perfect for Independence Day--or any day of the year.
What you'll need:
- ½ yard patriotic fleece fabric
- Permanent fabric glue or needle and thread
- Small-sized pillow (recommended: travel-sized pillow, approximately 10"x13")
How to make it:
- Trim fabric to fit pillow, leaving about a 2" seam.
- Glue or sew up the sides and one end of the pillow case.
- Turn inside out and use your fingers to push out the corners.
- Insert pillow.
- Tuck open ends inside the pillow case. This allows an open end for you to change the pillow or wash the case when needed.
- Watch the clearance rack at the fabric store for remnants of fabric.
- If you use permanent fabric glue, be prepared for long drying times.
- Take this pillow along on picnics and barbecues this summer, a great way for your little one to get comfy when he/she needs to be.