Cupid Heart Card
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
This Cupid heart card is a sweet way to say "Happy Valentine's Day" to a friend, family member, or even your teacher!
What you'll need:
- Heart shaped cookie cutter, about 4-5"
- Pink craft foam (We used glittery foam for the front and plain for inside)
- 1 drinking straw
- Craft knife
- 2 fluffy pink feathers
- White craft glue
- White paint pen or a marker
How to make it:
- Trace two cookie cutter shapes onto the pink craft foam. (See photo.) If using two different colors, trace once on to each color.
- Cut the hearts out.
- Lay the drinking straw across the front of one of the hearts. Position it at an angle, then holding the straw in place, use a pencil to lightly mark two dots at the "entry" and "exit" points where you want the "arrow" to go through. (See photo.)
- Use the craft knife to cut slits in the heart, using the photo above as a guide.
- Insert the straw through the slits. (See photo.)
- Use the craft knife or scissors to cut a one inch slit down the center of the left end of the straw. Cut a triangle, about 2" in length, from the pink craft foam and insert it into the slit you just made in the straw. Add a little craft glue to secure. (See photo.)
- Put some craft glue inside the other end of the straw and insert the two pink feathers. (See photo.)
- Place the second pink foam heart on the table in front of you. Pipe a line of white craft glue to the top humps of the heart. Place the heart with the straw through it on top of the heart with the glue and line it up exactly. Let the glue dry. (See photo.)
- When the glue is dry, open the card and write "hug me" inside! (See photo.)
- Parents should handle the craft knife as it is quite sharp.
- If you don't have a cookie cutter, make a simple heart and trace it onto your foam.
- If you prefer, you can write a longer note inside. If you choose to write something longer, write your message on the foam before gluing the top heart onto the lower heart.
• Paper Conversation Heart Wreath
• Family Hug Valentine
• Thumbprint Heart Card
• School Valentine Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance
• Valentine’s Coloring Pages