Dad & Me Coffee Mug
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Use your fingerprints and paint to make a useful keepsake gift for Dad. This simple but adorable cup says it all!
What you'll need:
- White coffee mug
- Enamel paints: black, red, blue or pink
- Thin pointed paint brush
How to make it:
- Be sure that coffee mug is clean and dry.
- Use child’s thumb and red enamel paint to add the “daddy” figure on the cup. You can make the figure larger if it looks too small.
- Use blue paint (or pink for a girl) and pointing finger to add the child on the cup.
- Use a thin paint brush to draw on legs and arms, connect arms between characters so that they are holding hands.
- Use thin paintbrush to add hair.
- Use thin paintbrush to write “Daddy” above the characters and “& me” below the characters.
- Bake mug in the oven as directed on the back of the enamel paint bottle. You can also air dry, however air drying requires many days as opposed to a few hours in a low temp oven.
- Acrylic paints will wash off this mug. However, if the mug will be used for decorative purposes only you may use acrylic paints and coat with acrylic sealer. Wipe clean with a damp cloth when needed.
- Check your local dollar store for inexpensive mugs.
- Personalize this mug even more by writing your dad’s first name on the other side.