Dad's Pad Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
Turn Dad's favorite hobby into a note pad holder craft for Father's Day. Kids will love making this innovative cardboard gift.
What you'll need:
- New memo pad or Post-it © Pad
- Cardboard (or you can use an old cereal box)
- Markers or crayons
- Glue stick or white glue
- Magnet (if you'd like to put it on a filing cabinet or refrigerator)
How to make it:
- Think about a hobby your father really likes. You can draw a picture or use one of our patterns for the design on your pad holder. (Remember, you should make your picture large enough that you can still see much of it from around the memo pad. Try not to draw any important details where they will be covered by the pad.) Print out the pattern or create your own and decorate it. Cut out your design.
Here are some ideas:
- Glue your pattern onto the cardboard and trim any extra around the edges.
- Glue your memo pad in the middle of the design. Turn the project over and write a short message to Dad, like "Happy Father's Day! I love you!"
- If you want your project to go up on the fridge, glue a magnet to the back. If you don't, it can sit on a desk or table.
- Wrap it up and give it to Dad!