Dainty Valentine Shirt
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up.
What little girls wouldn’t adore this cute shirt? This project is easy to make and oh so fun to wear! They make great gifts too!
What you'll need:
- Heart shaped foam stamps
- Pink shirt
- 3D fabric paint tubes
- Fabric paint in Valentine colors
Textile medium and acrylic paint
- Wax paper
- Piece of cardboard
- Cutting board or cookie sheet
How to make it:
- If you don’t have fabric paint to apply color to the stamps, you can use acrylic craft paint mixed with textile medium. Use one part textile medium and 2 part acrylic paint.
- Tape a sheet of wax paper to a piece of cardboard large enough for your design. Place the shirt flat onto cookie sheet (back side) or a flat cutting board. This gives you a mobile work surface. Insert the cardboard into the shirt. This will protect the back side of the shirt from paint seepage.
- Paint each foam stamp generously with fabric paint. Alternate colors as you desire. Press foam stamp carefully onto the shirt and press down gently. Lift stamp straight up into the air to remove.
- When you are finished stamping your design on, decorate the heart shapes with 3D or puffy fabric paint tubes. Outlines look great and make your designs jump out, you can also decorate the inside of the hearts like we did.
- Carefully lift the entire project using your “mobile work station” (cutting board or cookie sheet) and place in a safe spot to dry. Allow to dry overnight before wearing.
- Follow direction on fabric paint bottles for best results. Wash and dry clothing before painting, do not use fabric softener.
- Textile medium can be purchased in the same aisle as the acrylic or fabric paints.
- Foam stamps come in a variety of shapes and sizes, some even have cut it designs like ours. They are available at any craft supply store.