Parental supervision is recommended
This is a fun dog hat craft to make and wear for a Birthday Party, Halloween, or any day your child wants to show their Dalmatian spots.
What you'll need:
- Inexpensive white painters hat
- White felt
- Black felt
- Pattern (see below)
- 2 (40 mm) Wiggle eyes
- Tacky glue
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
How to make it:
- Print the pattern for the dog ears.
Note to Mac Users: Choose "shrink to fit" option and see tips area below.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Trace around the ear piece twice on white felt. Cut out.
- Cut spots out of black felt in round, oval, or other shapes. Cut a nose out of a piece of black felt in a oblong shape.
- Sew the straight edge of the ears on the bottom of the hat behind the brim on each side. (Note: Have a child try on the hat and then note where the ears should hang.)
- Glue the eyes on the front of the cap. (see photo)
- Glue spots on the ear and the hat in random fashion. Glue the nose on the brim.
- Let dry before wearing.
- Let the child put on their Dalmatian Hat and have a dog party!
This would be fun to give as a party favor or as part of a Halloween costume.
Note the size of the ears we made is approximately 4" wide x 6 1/4" long. You can make the ears any size you wish.