Decorated Party Hat
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Get ready for the big New Year’s celebration by making this fun and festive party hat that you can wear!
For more activities, be sure to visit our main New Year's page. Don't forget to check out our New Year's crafts, recipes, clip art and coloring pages. Also check out our Chinese New Year home page and Chinese New Year crafts page for more holiday fun.
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet of yellow craft foam
- 2 large feathers, pink and blue
- Handful of craft jewels, large and medium
- Wide ribbon
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Roll foam into a cone shape. Manipulate to fit child’s head. Glue and trim where needed.
- Glue feathers to the outside of the hat.
- Glue ribbon around the bottom section of the hat, covering the bottom of the feathers.
- Glue craft jewels onto hat, decorating however you like.
- Foam sheets come in a large variety of colors at your local craft supply store.
- Some hat crafts suggest stapling the hat together. We don’t recommend this as staples can scratch the skin and can also pull hair causing unintentional tears.
- Feathers are available at your local craft supply store, usually in large variety packages.
More Holiday Fun