Decorative Bag Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
This paper mache Decorative Bag Holder craft keeps children busy and engaged and results in a fashionable way to store plastic bags.
What you'll need:
- Tall paper mache box with lid
- Various colors of craft paint
- Small sponge
- Wax paper
- Sharp scissors
- Ribbon to hang on wall (if desired)
How to make it:
- Lay out a piece of wax paper and squeeze a small amount of paint on it.
- Wet the sponge and ring out the excess water.
- Sponge paint the entire paper mache box in one color of paint.
- Allow to dry between coats, if desired.
- Sponge paint the paper mache box in additional colors of paint, as desired.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Use the sharp scissors to cut a hole in the paper mache box near the bottom or on the bottom (if hanging).
- To hang, cut 2 small holes about 1-2" apart and run a piece of ribbon through it. Knot the ends together. Hang box in desired location.
- Open the lid on the box, stuff plastic bags inside. The bags are ready for use when you need them, just pull them out the open hole!