Decorative Switch Plate
Make a cool decorative switch plate that you can customize to go in a kids room. Young crafters will not only enjoy creating it, but also seeing it whenever they flick the light switch.
What you'll need:
- Fimo or Sculpey clay in desired colors
- Rolling pin or dowel rod or plastic pipe
- Wax paper
- Cutting surface
- Craft knife
- Metal light switch plate
How to make it:
- Knead clay per manufacturer's instructions to make it smooth and pliable.
- Tear off a sheet of wax paper and lay out on craft area.
- Roll out clay on wax paper until thin. Check size needed for height and diameter of switch plate.
- Place wax paper with clay on cutting surface.
- Using straight edge and craft knife, cut top and bottom edges to fit switch plate.
- Carefully pick up clay and lay over, smoothing as you go, the switch plate.
- Use craft knife to trim side edges to fit switch plate.
- Use craft knife to cut the openings on the switch plate.
- Knead and roll out any additional colors to create designs for the switch plate. Cut out using the craft knife.
- Press lightly into place on the clay covered switch plate.
- Bake according to manufacturer instructions. Let cool.
- Install the light plate and enjoy.