Decoupage Ball Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
The possibilities in this decoupage ball ornament project are endless. Use whatever color combination you like and let your imagination run wild when decorating.
What you'll need:
- Clear ball ornaments
- Tissue paper torn into 1" square pieces
- White craft glue
- Clear acrylic sealer
How to make it:
- Remove hanger tops and set aside. Place ornaments onto an upside down empty egg carton.
- Mix 2 parts white glue and 1 part water to make a simple decoupage solution. Should be thin and paintable.
- Paint ornament with decoupage solution (see image). Place tissue paper pieces on top of the solution, then paint more solution over the top of the tissue paper. Repeat all over ornament and let dry completely (see image).
- In a well-ventilated area, an adult should spray with sealer and let dry.
- Reattach hangers tops to the ornaments and tie ribbons onto hanger loops to hang from your tree.
- Save tissue paper from birthday gifts to use in projects such as this.
- Try different color combinations until your find just what you like!
- Ball ornaments are widely available from dollar stores and discount department stores.