Denim Basket for Dad
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 & up
Parental supervision is recommended
Recycle an Easter basket and an old pair of blue jeans into this great gift basket for Father’s Day.
What you'll need:
- Old pair of blue jeans
- Easter basket
- Old pair of boxer shorts or plaid material
- 2 pieces of felt
- Hot glue gun
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Cover the handle of the basket with the elastic band from the boxer shorts. (See photo.)
- Cut jeans into sections and hot glue onto and inside the basket, covering the entire basket. Be sure to glue a section with a pocket to the front of the basket. (See photo.)
- Line the inside of the basket by gluing it with felt. We used white craft glue for this step. (See photo.)
- Cut two strips from the seams of the jeans and tie them at the bottom of each end of the basket handle.
- Cut squares from boxer shorts to cover up any gaps in material. Add “patches” elsewhere as well to complete the look! (See Photos 1 and 2.)
- Fill with goodies for Dad. (See photo.)
- Child size jeans work best for this project as their pockets are small enough to fit on the front of the basket and there is less waste.
- Fill basket with some of Dad’s favorite things. A fishing book, painted coffee mug, personalized office pen, bag of caramel popcorn and other goodies are a great way to say “I Love You”.
- If you are uncomfortable using boxer shorts for this project, you can substitute any type of material, preferably plaid.