Parental supervision is recommended
Get your child's birthday guests to create their very own doggy party hats with this easy, creative craft activity.
What you'll need:
- Brown construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Pattern (see below)
How to make it:
- Print the pattern for the dog ears and nose. Note to Mac Users: Choose "shrink to fit" option on above pattern and see tips area below.
- Cut out the pattern pieces.
- Cut a strip of construction paper about 1 1/2" wide and long enough to go around the child's head. Note: You may need to tape two pieces of paper together.
- Trace around the ear piece twice on brown construction paper. Cut out.
- Trace the nose on the black construction paper. Cut out.
- Fit the strip of construction paper (the band) around the child's head. Tape in place. Cut off any excess. Remove from the child's head.
Note: If you had to piece two strips of construction paper together to make the hat, you may wish to place the "seams" under the ears.
- Tape the straight end of the ear to the inside of the strip. Tape the other ear on the opposite side of the strip. Let the ears flop.
- Cut a strip of brown construction paper about 1/2" wide.
- Tape one end of the thin strip to the inside middle (spaced between the ears) of the band.
- Place the hat on the child. The strip should go down the middle of their nose.
- Cut the strip off right at the end of their nose.
- Tape the black nose on to the thin strip. (see photo)
Note the size of the ears is approximately 5 1/2" wide x 8" long. You can make the ears any size you wish.